Friday, February 26, 2010

Day Two

Okay, we have a couple things that have happened. The walls have been primed. The room is not that large, and it took an entire gallon of Kilz to cover the orange. I got lots of, "If you would have chosen a normal paint color this would not needed to happen." I still stand by my choice of orange. I still like it I will always like it, it just does not go with my "plan" for my New Laundry room. And no, I am not going down with the ship.

Okay I digress, Scooter went and bought the new broom closet door on his lunch break and brought it home. Moved the thermostat for the A/C and cut the hole for the new door.

It is very exciting. I have painted the first and maybe only coat of the new color, a light steely blue. But it is still to wet to take pictures. I am really happy with the color.

Here are a few more pictures to document the progress.



The new wall will be about parallel with the orange wall, behind the water heater. I would also like to have each of you take the time to comment on, is it Hot Water Heater or just Water Heater? This is an on going battle for my Father in-law. He gets all in a bother if people call it a Hot Water Heater. Saying the water is already hot. I believe that both are correct because sometimes while the water is still hot in the tank, it needs to be heated to reach the correct or set temperature. Therefore making it a Hot Water Heater. Post your comments NOW. I am also okay if you do not agree with me (but I will also be keeping a running total of those who do not...)




As you can see this picture has the old hole for the thermostat, and the thermostat in the new spot. If you look closely you will see the side of the new door (white) leaning against the side of my Fridge (Black).




And the Door hole has been cut. Pretty exciting, and not bad for a first day.

My Father in-law who is invaluable with these types of things, said, "You 2 need to cut out this Home Improvement Crap, it is a new house leave it alone." My Mother in-law who is also very helpful when the girls need to get out of the way, said, "Most people just talk about fixing their laundry room, not actually do something about it." I took both as compliments, and am so excited I can hardly stand it.

We have to get a guitar tonight, and the worlds best hamburger. Tomorrow we hope to hang the door, build a wall, and maybe even hang a cabinet or 2? Aim high.
see ya
--Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Is this a new blog? I'm so jealous of your laundry room in any color! We are enjoying our "cozy" townhome with a tiny laundry room/pantry. I'm excited to see how your room turns out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I have to say this . . . but soooooo glad you are getting rid of your orange walls! :P

    Given I'm not so sure why I said that since I've been on the prowl for an orange purse. LOL. Looking good though. Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooops, forgot to say. I've always said hot water heater or hot water tank. Never thought that I might be saying it wrong but then again it seems like I say a lot of weird stuff! Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though redundant.... definatly hot water heater.

    ReplyDelete