Saturday, February 27, 2010

New Paint

It looks like I will only need one coat of paint, and some minor touch up. I figured I am going to have to do some touch up after we hang the cabinets so... I am gonna just wait and do it all at once.

The bad thing is, the new color does not show up very well in pictures. It looks much better in person. The the only way I could show the new color to you all, is to take a contrast picture against the white.

I have often thought that primer was not worth the extra time and effort. I will have to shut my mouth now, it really was helpful and made the actual paint go on so much better and easier.

So here are a few pictures of the new paint. As you can see by the first picture, at the top you can see a bit of the white from the primer, and the white of the water heater for contrast of the new blue.

This picture also the contrast of the white doors, with the blue. It is not a very dark blue. I think it will look really nice, with the white cabinets. I am hoping for a dark countertop on the new wall of cabinets.

And here is the new door hole completely cut out. It is really exciting to see that get done. The funny thing is, when you live with concrete floors you do not think about adding new doorways and having to worry about carpet or tile or wood transitions. We now realize that we stained the floors after the framing, so by taking out the plate to the wall, I am going to have to find my stain... I sure hope I have some. Maybe a brown magic marker would work.

Please do not worry about the little cut up in the sheetrock. If you go back and look we have a large piece of molding above our doors, (we call them Top Hats) So it will cover all that up. Moulding is a wonderful thing.

Well, I better go hunt for some concrete stain.
I will post again tomorrow for sure, maybe tonight.
Yeah for ME!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you guys are making great progress. I have to agree with you on the primer. It's a pain to have to do more work, but it really does turn out better!

    I forgot to mention last time how much your in-laws crack me up! So funny!

    ReplyDelete