Thursday, March 4, 2010

A little bit each day

Lets see, it is not really fare to ask Scooter to work all day and come home and work on my Laundry room but that is what he is doing.

Monday he trimmed out the broom closet door. Tuesday night we picked up the remaining cabinets, and hung them, and re-hung the cabinets on the new wall. This is what it looks like when you walk into my laundry room. My sewing table will be right under these cabinets.



Then Yesterday he put the spacers in between the cabinets on the new wall and the base cabinets. Since I have a 53 inch space and only 48 inches of cabinets.




I also went with a laminate counter top. I just could not pull the trigger on the granite. While my guy gave me a screaming deal, it is kinda silly, and a bit spoiled. So I was practical and efficient. Even more so since I picked up the counter top with the gouge in the end. The guy sold it to me for a huge discount. Helped him on inventory and saved me some cash, win win for us all.

This is the side view. The cabinets stick out a bit on the bottom, but I think it still looks nice. Scooter is going to cut down my baseboards to make them a little shorter so that it will fit under the toe kick of the cabinets. I think it will make it look more like a built in.




So here are a few pictures of the cabinets hung, with the spacers in. Scooter is only lacking the baseboards, trim around the paneling, and counter top.

Then It is all mine (not to sew in, just to paint).
talk to you all soon
--Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment