Saturday, March 6, 2010

Progress Baby!

Last night Scooter and PaPa cut the counter top. Then Scooter finished all the moulding today. So now it is all up to me.

As you can see I need to caulk and paint.



This is a picture of when you first walk into the room. Scooter took the baseboards and cut them down to fit under the cabinets. I think it gives it more of a built in look. Kinda like a butler's pantry. My mom has always wanted one, she however would use it more like a pantry and a place for her pretty serving dishes. Scooter said he would use it that way too. Sorry folks, it is my room, and I get to use it anyway I want. (I am so happy)


Since #1 child got sick Thursday night and then #2 child got sick today (vomiting every 20 minutes for 4-5 hours, and then sleeping) I might get to start caulking tonight, but I am not sure.

I get to do the Nursing Home circuit on Monday, Groceries on Tuesday, and Volunteer for #1 child on Wednesday. I am keeping my fingers crossed I am proficient in my time usage.

We shall see. Since the next week is spring break and we have a visitor coming (who is crafty, not Beastie Boys crafty, but Martha Stewart Crafty) I would love to have my room done.

I feel like the Friends episode when Rachel gets the assistant buyer job, and she gets a new suit and asks her friends if it looks like a suit an assistant buyer for Bloomingdale would wear, and they of course don't get it..., then something else happens and she is left in the apartment all by herself. She jumps up with her arms in the air and says in a squeally (it's a word) voice, "I'm an assistant buyer." That is how I feel. No one is as excited about this as I am, and I so look forward to it. As long as Joanna does not get hit by that bus, I will be okey dokey.


Enjoy the pictures. Carry on and make sure you wash your hand a lot. You do not want to get this funk at my house.
--Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Your room looks great!! I hope everyone gets feeling better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete